In order to support achievement of the UHI Vision and Mission management of UHI is guided by the values. These serve as guiding principles that are shared and practiced by Staff and Stakeholders. The core values of the Institute have been developed in line with changes in the environment in order to ensure relevance and boost the motivation of all stakeholders. These values include:
- Excellence: We will consistently perform at the highest standards
- Social Responsibility: We recognize and respect the importance of community healthcare needs.
- Safety and Environment: We will provide healthcare services in conducive and safe environment.
- Communication: We will be open and honest in the communication and promote transparency in all our undertakings.
- Innovation: We will continuously search for new ideas and we believe timely access to information will always result in better healthcare.
- Professionalism & Accountability: We shall be responsible for our decisions and actions.
- Valuing our Human Capital: We appreciate the contribution of all staff and associates, in the promotion of development at all levels
- Confidentiality: We demonstrate respect for our patients, their families and careers, as well as others in all areas of our work.
- Compassion: We respond with humanity and kindness to each person’s pain, distress, anxiety or need.