The mandate of Uganda Heart Institute is to provide quality cardiac (heart) care services
To become a centre of excellence in provision of comprehensive cardiovascular care in the Great Lakes Region of Africa.
The Uganda Heart Institute exists to “serve as a centre of excellence for the provision of comprehensive medical services to patients with cardiovascular and thoracic diseases and to offer opportunity for research and training in cardiovascular and thoracic medicine at an affordable cost so as to facilitate service delivery and enable continuous development of cardiac services”.
The objectives for which the Institute is established include:
- To provide Health Education in order to promote good health and prevent heart diseases and other related conditions.
- To offer medical and surgical treatment as well as rehabilitation of persons affected by heart diseases and other related conditions.
- To carry out research and feasibility studies on all aspects of heart diseases and other related conditions
- To train, enlighten and educate medical students, Interns, technicians, nurses and other health workers on heart diseases and other related conditions
- To support, co-ordinate, co-operate and subscribe with any other Organization, Public bodies, Institution, Societies, Clubs, whether national or International which may have the same objects as herein above.