The clinical laboratory with highly trained human resource, offers a wide range of valuable diagnostic services in Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, Blood transfusion, Urinalysis, Microbiology, minor parasitology and Serology. For those procedures that are not performed in this facility, we have acquired the services of larger and often very specialized reference laboratories that share the same beliefs as we do in providing you with high quality laboratory results.
The objectives of the laboratory are to produce accurate, reliable and timely analyses' results, achieve and maintain an effective quality management system and ensure compliance with relevant statutory and safety requirements.
These are usually defined by the laboratory director or senior administrative management with staff participation
The UHI-CL contributes to excellent patient care by providing excellent comprehensive quality Clinical Laboratory services essential for patient care with timely efficient, accurate, reliable and timely laboratory results and information to our Doctors and patients.
"To become a Laboratory center of excellence in the provision of timely, efficient, accurate, and reliable laboratory services based on quality management system to achieve total patient satisfaction and management”
To discover the unknown using advanced technology and professional skills
The Laboratory participates in Research programs and highly welcomes more developmental research.
Training can be done to the Medical Laboratory trainees/interns at the Level of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) and Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS) only from recognized Institutions.
The UHI Clinical Laboratory performs diversified laboratory tests which include;
- Providing diagnostic testing in the following disciplines; Medical Microbiology, Serology, Clinical Chemistry (Routine and specialized), Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, and Drug Monitoring are done on patients’ samples in UHI as well as referred samples from outside Uganda Heart Institute.
- Providing consultative services in the various aspects of Laboratory service disciplines to the specialists, medical officers and other relevant health staff of Uganda Heart Institute as well as those from referring centers.
- Providing training in technical and analytical skills to laboratory personnel, staff and students from Uganda Heart Institute and other institution of higher learning
- Participating in research activities
- Ensuring service quality continuity to meet the highest standards demanded by the Uganda Heart Institute and other stakeholders.