The Pharmacy was set up to manage drugs and other related medical supplies for the UHI.
- Requisition of drugs from Stores, or procurement of drugs through the Procurement and Disposal Unit (PDU) of UHI.
- Maintenance of records of all drug details.
- Issue of drugs to out-patients, wards, perfusion and anaesthesia Units upon production of valid prescriptions.
- Advising patients/attendants, and other health workers on proper drug handling, side effects and dosages.
- Proper storage of drugs in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Advising clinicians on the availability of drugs, and their life span.
- Maintaining and updating drug stock cards.